- Go to ADMIN SETUP > Pricing Administration > Price Lists. The Price Lists page is displayed.
- Click the required price list name link to open the Price Lists details page.
- Click the Price List Items tab.
- Click the advanced setup icon next to a price list item name. The price list item details page is displayed.
On the Details tab, enter the following details:
Field Description Charge Type Select a charge type. These are a separate, identifiable element of charges that can be used for pricing. For example: Standard Price, Maintenance Fee, Installation Fee, and more. Active Turn the setting on to make the price list item active. Charge Type Criteria
Configure a charge type criteria.
This is used for conditional charge types that are included only if a certain criteria is met and as part of adding the main product to the cart. Setting this criteria either by Line Item or Attribute field will only apply this price list item under those conditions. For example, this may be a charge type based on workstations; whereas the product may have a charge type based on users.
A product should have at least one Price List Item without any charge type criteria, only then the pricing happens to the product in the Cart.
If you are using the Charge Type Criteria setting, you must define a criteria for all PLIs. Ensure that you do not define that same criteria for more than one PLI. The criteria must be mutually exclusive so that CPQ does not apply two PLIs while pricing a product.
List Price Type a list price for a product in the price list item. If the price list item has matrices or may be overridden, enter 0 as the list price. Cost
Type a cost of a product.
Effective Date Enter an effective date for the price list item. Expiration Date Enter an expiry date for the price list item. Price Type Select One Time, Recurring, or Usage. Selecting Recurring or Usage enables the Frequency field. For instance, if you add a subscription product, you will choose type as recurring and then specify the frequency as monthly, yearly, and so on.
Example: You charge 1$ per month for a term of 1year, the price is calculated accordingly.
Select one of the following:
- Per Unit: Multiplies the price with the quantity.
- Flat Price: Applies a flat price.
- Percentage: Enables the Percent, Percent Applies To, Related Price List Item fields.
- Related Price: Used when the price is calculated as a function of the price of other lines in the same shopping cart.
Tiered Rate: Default price method for Usage Price Type.
If you select Usage in the Price Type field, you must ideally select Tiered Rate in the Price Method field. This is the right combination for the Price Type and Price Method fields. CPQ does not prevent you from creating other combinations, but you might not get appropriate results.
Frequency This is based on your selection from the Price Type field (Recurring and Usage). Select an option to indicate how often the product will be charged. Related Adjustment Applies To
This is based on your selection from the Price Method field (Related Price). Indicates on which price the adjustments for the related price must be applied. Supported values are: Base Extended Price, Base Price, Extended Price, List Price, Net Price, and Net Unit Price.
- Click Save before you navigate away from this tab. Otherwise, CPQ displays an error message.