To get started, click Conga Grid Setup and select the Global Defaults option in the object list. You will see three tabs: Global Setup, Feature Security, and Object Visibility.
Use the Global Setup tab to do the following:
- Create new Multi-Tabular Conga Grids℠ that users can access from tabs in Salesforce®. See Multi-Tabular Conga Grid for instructions.
- Export and import Conga Grid settings between different organizations. See Export and Import Conga Grid Settings for instructions.
Use the Feature Security tab to globally set which actions and features will be available for end-users across the entire organization.
Select the Global Defaults option in the object list, and click the Feature Security tab.
The Enable option enables the feature. The Disable option disables the feature. The Inherit option will inherit the feature security from the user's Salesforce permissions.
- To set feature security at a global level, select the appropriate radio button in the field header at the top of the feature list.
- To set the security of individual features, select the appropriate radio button in the field header within the feature list.
Some features are disabled by default. You can enable them by clicking the Enable option.
- Lightning UI Beta
- Mass Update Large Batch
- Paste to Batch Update
- Batch Delete
Next, choose to apply feature security to All Users in an org, by Profile, or by individual User. If you select Profiles or Users, a selection menu appears that contains a list of the profiles or users to choose from.
The Default Visible check box controls the Inherit functionality for all features. If you clear the Default Visible check box, Inherit will be interpreted as Hide by default.
Click Save after making changes.
Feature Security for Individual Objects
You can also set feature security for any object in the object list, rather than using Global Defaults. The following figure shows an example of the User object. Under the User Features tab, you can disable all users within your organization from adding new records. Click Save after making any changes.
Use the Object Visibility tab to set which objects will be available for end-users in the Conga Grid Explorer.
Select the Global Defaults option in the object list, and click Object Visibility.
- To set object visibility at a global level, select the appropriate radio button in the field header at the top of the object list.
- To set object visibility for individual objects, select the appropriate radio button for the individual object within the object list.
To show, hide, or inherit visibility from the user's Salesforce permissions for individual objects, click Show, Hide, or Inherit for each object. To show, hide, or inherit visibility for all objects at once, select the appropriate radio button in the field header at the top of the Object Visibility list.
Next, choose to apply object visibility to All Users in an org, by Profile, or by individual User.
The Default Visible check box controls the Inherit functionality for all objects. If you clear the Default Visible check box, Inherit will be interpreted as Hide by default.
This section describes how administrators can set which fields will be visible or read-only for specific objects.
In Conga Grid Setup, select an object from the object list, then click object Fields. Each check box can be toggled in three different ways:
- A checked box means the field will be:
- Editable when using inline edit mode
- Available to use with the Mass Update action
- Visible to the end-user
- Summed in the bottom columns of the grid (for fields that can be summed, such as currency)
- A clear box means the field is disabled.
- A grey box means that the visibility and edit permissions will be inherited from the user's Salesforce security profile. If field-level security is already enabled in Salesforce for a given field, Conga Grid will honor that security.
If you can edit a field in the Record Detail page, then you can edit it in the grid unless you explicitly disable it in the object Fields tab. You can also apply field visibility to All Users in an org, by Profile, or by individual User.