The Check-In dialog box includes the ability to associate a term exception with a template when it is checked in. This adds the term exception to the Term Exception field on the Template record and also adds an entry in the Sections/Clauses related list on the Term Exception for the template.
- For using Term Exception, you must have version 7.0 or higher for both X-Author Contracts and Contract Management.
To reference a term exception while checking in
- From the X-Author Templates tab, click New to display an empty Word doc.
- Add content to the template and then click Check-in.
- In the Check-In Template dialog box, as you enter details for the template note that the Term Exception list remains empty, as long as no Agreement Types have been selected.
- Select one or more Agreement Types and the Term Exception list will be populated with term exceptions that have the same agreement type.
- Select a term exception and click Check-In.
The template record now has the term exception associated with it. If you edit the template in X-Author later and change the term exception associated with it, the Template record and the old and new Term Exception records will be updated accordingly.