Use the Fill-Down action to update multiple records simultaneously, without having to use the Mass Update action. Fill-Down is the preferred method for modifying the data of a single column quickly. Follow these steps:
- Edit a single record. Be sure to leave this record selected. The following figure shows an example of editing the Quantity field:
- Select all records in the grid that you would like to change to the first record's value; for example:
- Click Actions and click Batch Edit > Fill-Down.
- Click Save.
The Fill-Down option is only available in the Actions > Edit menu under the following conditions:
- You are in Edit mode.
- You have edited a record.
- You have selected records below the first edit.
Fill-Down only applies to edits made on the first selected row. If you edit a cell in a second row and apply Fill-Down, the edits from the second row will not be filled down.