This configuration does not apply to Conga CLM (Contracts for Salesforce).
Alternate clauses are substitutes for the main clause. You can create an alternate clause in X-Author for Contracts. You can add alternate clauses as a substitute for the main clause. You can replace the main clause in the agreement with an alternate clause.
- You have added the Alternate Clauses tab. For more information, see Configuring Details Sidebar Fields.
- You have created alternate and main clauses.
- You can tag a clause as an alternate clause while creating new in X-Author for Contracts.
You cannot tag existing clauses as an alternate clause in X-Author for Contracts.
- You must not create or tag an alternate clause in CLM.
To add alternate clauses to the main clause in Lightning
- Navigate to the Templates tab.
- Select a main clause.
- Click the Alternate Clauses tab.
- Click the Select Alternatives button.
- Select the alternate clauses.
- Click Add.
To remove an alternate clause from the main clause
- Click the icon.
- Select Remove.